The Darvin Ham saga was short-lived and something the Lakers aren’t particularly proud of. It received widespread criticism, with even the stars hesitant to fully support the former head coach. However, that doesn’t change the fact that Ham led the franchise to an NBA Cup victory. Now, as he adds another In-season cup win to his resume as the Bucks’ lead assistant coach, Ham revealed the kind of treatment he received from Lakers president Jeanie Buss and Co.

Reflecting on his last season’s win, Ham said, “To do as well as I did, I swear to God, anywhere else I’m probably looking at an extension with what I did.” He clarified, “I’m not talking about feelings. I’m talking actual facts. They go from not making it to the playoffs to the final four in the NBA, the conference finals. And then you win the in-season tournament, navigate through all the injuries and win both of your play-in games to get to the playoffs.”

Ham didn’t hesitate to point out, “People always talk about us losing to Denver, but they never talk about how we got to Denver. We beat a kick-a** young squad in Memphis and we beat Golden State.”

The 51-year-old is certainly not wrong to highlight that he received a lot of criticism for losing to the Nuggets, yet didn’t get the credit he deserved from Jeanie Buss and the Lakers for his efforts in pushing the team to win the NBA Cup. In fact, he was immediately removed from his responsibilities as the Purple and Gold’s head coach after the LA side lost to Denver in the first round of the 2024 playoffs.

This is a developing story…

The post “I’m Talking Facts”: Darvin Ham Goes Off on Jeanie Buss’ Lakers for Unfair Treatment After NBA Cup Win appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://ift.tt/PrNOAuS