Justin Gaethje is finally back in action. ‘The Highlight’, of course, is set to rematch #11 ranked lightweight star, Rafael Fiziev, on the main card of UFC 313 this weekend. And while this fight is happening only because Dan Hooker pulled out due to an injury, this rematch has been a long time coming.
After all, the first time ‘The Highlight’ and ‘Ataman’ fought– at UFC 286 two years ago– they had an incredibly close fight. While Gaethje managed to eke out a majority decision win, many felt that the decision could well have gone Fiziev’s way. But the Armenian is not one of those people, and feels that the judges made the right call by declaring Gaethje the winner.
“I deserved to lose the first fight with Gaethje. I took too much damage in the last round. I fought stupidly in the last three minutes of the fight,” the Armenian lightweight told Ariel Helwani in a recent interview.
View this post on Instagram
(More to follow….)
The post “I Deserved to Lose” – Rafael Fiziev Makes Unexpected Confession on Loss to Justin Gaethje Before UFC 313 Fight appeared first on EssentiallySports.
from EssentiallySports https://ift.tt/C6xOHgA
0 Comments