The Paris La Defense Arena just registered a spectacular sight! As 2-time Olympian Torri Huske bagged gold in the women’s 100m butterfly finals. All eyes were on lane 5, where Huske clocked a 55.59 to bag her first Olympic gold! As she did that, Gretchen Walsh, a fellow American, Olympic debutant, and the world record holder in the category bagged the silver spot with 55.63.
For Huske, it was an emotional win. After she shed tears in the pool and hugged Walsh in the water, she shortly opened up on how overwhelming the emotion was for her. Huske stated, “I feel like I’m in shock right now. I don’t even know how to talk. I feel like I need to cry, but I am also smiling. Like you said, I just missed the podium last night by 0.1 So I am thankful to be here. I’ve had a long road. But I have a lot of support and I am so thankful for all of it.”
The post “Going to Cry”: Torri Huske Emotional as She Ends Four Years of Failure at Paris Olympics appeared first on EssentiallySports.
from EssentiallySports https://ift.tt/9fSdOtH
0 Comments